Thursday, April 15, 2010

The start of my journey to trust...

I am going to start my journal posts with Feb. of last year. That was when God really began to get personal and real in my life in a big way. But February of last year was also the start of the most difficult time in my life...and my family's life. So as you read these it is my desire that you might be encouraged in your own personal walk with God!

Nov. 18th '08
"I learned today about not worrying! I am bad at that...sometimes I trust and sometimes I don't! Do anything to get me to trust you totally...I want to be cheerful and not worry all the time."
Throughout 2008 I was asking God to teach me how to trust Him totally...never did I dream of the way in which He would bring that about, nor how hard of a lesson it would be...nor how great the reward was.

Feb 19th '09

This was one of those mornings that just didn't start out very well...and so I was starting to become discouraged and desolate...when my eye just "randomly" fell on this verse in Psalm 18:28-30
"You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. With Your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall. As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him." That is my prayer!"
It caused me to reflect on the fact that it says with God or my God, it is not my strength that will carry me through, it is not my light that will turn away darkness, it is God's strength and God's light...its all about HIM!! So it is when I place myself under His control and completely surrender my will to His, then that I can claim this promise as my own. And what sweet assurance it gives!

7 comments:

Mikala said...

Anna, trust has been something that I have been learning, too! I have been struggling with trusting God in various things, but it is so difficult! Thanks so much for posting about your experiences!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mazzou said...

How rude, Anonymous! How I despise such comments!
That was a lovely reminder of a post, Anna. Thank you

Anonymous said...

This is something that is very hard, to TOTALLY trust God... and to ASK Him, actually ASK Him to do anything to us....

I look forward to seeing the next post Anna!

Love,
Sarah

Lesley said...

Thank you for sharing Anna! The Lord's working in your life is such a testimony! It's so easy to trust Him in the easy times, but the ability to trust when things are hard is so sweet! Love ya girl!

ESTEBAN said...

Hi Anna,

I came across your blog by sheer happenstance through clicking "next blog," and I just wanted to leave a comment because I was so encouraged by your post.

It really isn't anything that we do that gets us through our struggles, but we have such difficulty relying on Him! Even though we see how amazing He is all the time! I pray that both of our "journeys to trust" will be a successful one! :)

God Bless,
Esther

Charity said...

Anna-
It's a wonderful idea to share your reflections like you are. That's really great!
Are you going to do a NCHEA Kids post?
Charity