Thursday, May 27, 2010

He is with me!

Lately I have been reading through Psalms. It has been more wonderful than I could've imagined! And I hope you will be encouraged...I know I was!

Psalm 46:7 "The Lord Almighty is with us..."
Just think on that for a while.

It says earlier in the chapter that He is "our refuge and strength...", our "help in trouble."

As I was reading, that thought alone was enough to meditate on...but I continued on to the next Psalm for the day; Psalm 76. It describes God as "resplendent with light, and more majestic then mountains...," it goes on to say that at His rebuke "both horse and chariot are stilled," He is feared by the kings of the earth. Going back to chapter 46 it tells us that the earth melts at the sound of His voice, "He makes wars cease...He breaks the bow and shatters the spear". What utterly awesome power!!

And then it struck me. That the God described above is with me.

The same Almighty Ruler of the entire earth is with me.

In light of that Psalm 46:2 takes on a whole new meaning, and makes a lot more sense. "Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea..." Why should we not fear? Because "the Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress."

"Be still, and know that I am God;"


1 comment:

Jessica M said...

AMEN! What a sobering thought!! It's something we all know but often forget. God is with us always and so why do I worry? There's no reason to with God constantly by my side.