Thursday, December 24, 2009

A visit long overdue

It was such a pleasure to be able to spend an evening with my mom's cousin, Jeff, his mother (and Grandma Ann's twin) Aunt Paula, along with Robin and her daughter Seriah (sp?) I can never quite figure out how we are related to Robin...but she is such fun to be with that it doesn't really matter all that much:)
Jeff is the one that first introduced us to Settler's of Catan..or did we first show him?...as you can see I am a little bit fuzzy on the details, but I do know that Jeff loves Settlers and we love to play it with him. Anyway, Robin came into town and we had had such fun with her..I think 5 years ago...that Jeff thought we could teach her how to play Settlers and have fun at the same time. We agreed to give it a try...and I think succeeded pretty well *smile* She caught on very quickly, and there was enough chili and ice cream to go around, that it all worked out quite nicely!


It also gave Aunt Paula a chance to see Grandma.


Grandma wasn't wearing her glasses, otherwise they still look very much alike!

Seriah was a little sweetie! She played happily with puzzles by herself for a while but soon required someone else to entertain her. The only person not playing a game was Stephen, so he was elected for the job. He told me later as I was tucking him in bed "Anna, I really didn't want to play with her...but I did it anyway...because you wanted me to." I love that little kid *smile*


I do not think any of them read my blog, but if you do...Thank you for coming over!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet of your brother!!

How precious!