Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wednesday

...is Good News Club!  And I have to confess that sometimes it's not exactly the highlight of my week.  Sometimes the kids are rowdy, and normally I've had a full day and so I don't exactly have a lot of energy.  But it's AMAZING what God can do when you cry out to Him for wisdom, cheerfulness and simply the strength to make it through!


I love our GNC kids.

Yes, they are challenging sometimes, but challenges are good.  It's all in the way you look at it.  A friend just told me the other day "you can always find something to praise God about." And how true that is!




Yes, I'm holding an egg!  But get this; a story about 2 boys, 2 eggs and 1 big city made our normally chatty kids silent, the fidgety ones still.  You could have heard a pin drop in the usually noisy room. And believe me when I tell you that silence in our GNC room is very, very rare.  As I looked over the faces I noticed that tears were on the brink of spilling down the their cheeks.



It's amazing to me how God can work through a simple story!

2 comments:

Charity U said...

Wednesday is our GNC day too. :) Isn't it amazing how God works through the simplest things?

Anonymous said...

Anna that was so sweet and precious! Thanks for posting this! It is so encouraging to see answered prayer and the love of our God towards us His children! (And the little childred!) Praise Him for blessing your effort and prayers!!

Thanks
Sarah

PS. I liked your previous post as well!!! Can't wait for pictures!!!!