Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Daddy

Happy Birthday, Daddy!


My father is amazing. I know everyone always says that, but it's REALLY true this time. And if you know him, you'd agree!

As an early riser, he's the first one out of bed in the morning, and he pulls us out too for early family devotions before he leaves for work. He has shown by his example that a relationship with God is a daily walk.

You should hear him teach on the Old Testament. It comes alive and suddenly very applicable and practical to our lives.

Dad, I'm so thankful and grateful to and for you. Your steady leadership in our family, your sweet tender love for Mom, your sensitivity to the Holy Spirit, your daily interaction in us kids' lives. You. are. the. best.

And I hope this year is better then the last!!! I love you!


"For God, who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness', 
made is light shine in our hearts to give us the light 
of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 
But we have this treasure in jars of clay 
to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 
1 Corinthians 4:6-7


(and as a side note; he stayed up late last night finishing the remodeling of our bathroom...stay tuned for pictures)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Anna,
I've been reading your blog for about 2 months and you are such an encouragement to me. I can tell you have a heart for the Lord and a desire to serve Him. Thank you so much for your Godly example!
In Christ,
Bethany Johnston