I have always loved hair! Curly, straight, up or down...it's wonderful:) As a little girl I would spend hours styling my dolls hair. I would beg my sister to hers as well, which she rarely consented to (and I don't blame her at all...my styles were a bit "wild"). Lately, through the musical, I have had the opportunity to try my hand at it again! And my love for it was reborn:)
Hannah was so sweet to be my 'guinea pig' as I tried out some fun new ideas!
Who doesn't love a "messy bun" with a random braid or two...or three, or six?
Oh, and have I ever mentioned hair sticks? I love them! They seem to add that little extra touch. You can get them in so many varieties; wooden, plastic, (they even have some stainless steel ones), with beads, flowers, etchings, etc. I even discovered how to make my own! Pretty cool!
This was my all time favorite on Hannah!
A front view!
(pretty girl *smile*)I just recently did this style with naturally curly hair. It turned out completely different, but it was gorgeous! That is one of the fun elements in doing hair, it may be the same style but depending on the hair type it could look completely different!
A fun 'retro' look:)
There was a time when I did not exactly appreciate having long(er) hair. I either had to brush/fix it everyday, or subject myself to my mother's combing...not to mention that it was constantly getting tangled and frizzy. But now I view it differently. It is one of God's gifts to a girl, it is our covering; a beautiful thing that God has given us! Plus creativity knows no bounds where hair is concerned:)
Now, I am not a professional in any way, shape or form!!! I haven't even been doing it for that long, and I have learned mostly by trial and error. So I would love for you to add to my "helpful hints"!! Now is you time to share those special secrets that make your hairstyles amazing:)
A couple helpful hints;
- Be creative- you know that amazing hairstyle that you have pictured in your head? Don't be afraid to give it a try!
- Experiment- you won't know if something works unless you try it. Little sisters/friends are perfect for this. Don't be afraid to try something new, it may totally flop, or it might be your next favorite style.
- Cross your bobby pins- they will actually stay in your hair if you do this (something I learned way too late:)
- Make sure your "model" is happy with the front before moving on- the front is what they will see, and what they look at. If they are satisfied with that your chances of them liking the 'do' go up 100%:)
- Start with small sections- bobby pins aren't meant to hold all of your hair:) So start pinning small bits or use clips for more hair.
- Always be optimistic- if you make a weird faces chances are they will start to get worried:)
- Don't give up- if a style isn't working don't throw in the towel, some of my cutest styles have been recreations of a original idea.
What are some of your favorite styles? Do you have any tips that you have found helpful?
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment...instead it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."
1 Peter 3:3-4