Friday, July 29, 2011

Small-town 4th of July

 How does one put such a day into words? It was a day jam-packed full of activity. If you've never been to Seward, NE on the 4th of July you are really missing out. I've been in Seward the past 4-5 years, but I have always been working shaved ice or participating in the musical...never really enjoying the wonderfulness that comes with it all.

The day started early with a trip to the edge of town to cheer my brother on in the run. He was fun to watch and completed the 2-mile run in 11:13, placing 6th overall and 2nd in his age group.


Phillip, along with a couple other guys from church, played in a 3-on-3 basketball tournement. Fast-paced basketball was what this was. The guys hardly had a break as they battled their way through the tournament. The MAC ballers, as they called themselves, didn't make it too far into the bracket, but they sure were fun to watch!


Spending time with friends and family was an all-day thing! Running back and forth between events, sharing laughter and happy moments--I love you people!



Wissmann's sang the night before and also on the 4th. It had been a while since I actually heard them sing. And Rachel has always raved about Seward and I no longer wonder why...I love it!


Watching and cheering through the competitions, looking through countless craft booths, watching the parade, smelling the deliciousness of funnel cakes, bustling through the crowds, seeing the sky light up with firecrackers, walking and spending time with friends. Small-town America--I LOVE!


2 comments:

Elizabeth. said...

Sounds like you had a very blessed, fun 4th of July! It is always a blessing to spend time with other brothers and sisters in Christ. Thanks for sharing! Blessings!

With Joy in Christ,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,
Great blog! I love sewing too. Do you have any pictures of the dresses you've made? I'll be posting some of mine on my blog soon. Please check it out and let me know what you think! God bless! :)
Raimona